Alpine is the city that will blow you away.
In other news, I presented my research at the Texas Academy of Science. I decided to do a poster presentation because I was too nervous to do the oral presentation. This was my first time presenting at a scientific conference. This past summer I did research at St. Edward's University and the USDA. I researched which contact lens solutions inhibited the most bacteria (Pseduomonas aeruginosa).
At the end of the conference there was a banquet dinner. Below (left) is a picture of all of the microbiology girls that I worked with over summer. They also did their own research. Also, below (right) is a picture of all the USDA research students.
There were a total of about 115 posters in many different scientific categories. For the posters, awards were issued to 4 honorable mentions, 3rd place, 2nd place, and first place for the state of Texas.
I won an honorable mention!!!!
The picture to left is of all the winners from from St. Edward's University. In total, there were 14 awards and St. Edward's had 11 students win. Amazing!! All in all, I had a great first experience at the Texas Academy of Science Conference.




No comments:
Post a Comment